- Includes/ Excludes
- Enquire Now
Desert, Delta & Sunsets Safari
- - Departure; Scheduled and tailor-made departure dates
- - Duration; 7 Days / 6 Nights
- - Lodging; Safari Lodgess
- - Group Size; Minimum 2
- - Note: Travel insurance is compulsory for all safaris
- On arrival at Maun Airport (flight under own arrangements) you will be met and assisted for your onward light aircraft transfer to Camp Moremi.
Days 1-3: Camp Moremi
- Camp Moremi activities center around tracking big game on morning and afternoon game drives by means of open 4x4 safari vehicle within the Moremi Wildlife Reserve, legendary for regular sightings of lion, leopard and cheetah, in addition to wild dog, in whose numbers are generally so swiftly diminishing in other locations.
- . Discovering the Xakanaxa Lagoon and encircling Okavango channels by motorboat offers visitors outstanding birdwatching possibilities.
- Peering out from below gigantic ebony trees, Camp Moremi delivers accurate meaning towards the term safari within the Xaxanaka region of Moremi Game Reserve.
- Here, the location where the life-giving waters from the Okavango connect with the vast Kalahari, ancient Mopane forests, open grassland, periodic floodplains as well as Riverine habitats have formed, producing probably the most spectacular in addition to enticing animal sanctuaries in all of Africa.
- 2x nights Camp Moremi - inclusive of all meals, all refreshments, local spirits and wines (excluding premium brands), laundry service, twice-daily scheduled game activities, all park fees, and emergency medical evacuation insurance.
Day 3: Camp Moremi to Camp Okavango
- Scheduled air transfer from Camp Moremi to Camp Okavango.
Days 3-5: Camp Okavango
- The Okavango Delta is a distinctive environment of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels. Using Camp Okavango as your base, this particular intricate water wilderness can easily be discovered and appreciated by all.
- Exploring the Okavango by mokoro (specially modified boats) or perhaps guided walking excursions on the islands adjoining Nxaragha Island will allows each and every visitor to the area the chance to genuinely experience what the Okavango Delta is all about.
- Camp Okavango has its very own exclusive airfield that is situated only five minutes walk from the main lodge area on Nxaragha Island.
- 2x nights Camp Okavango - inclusive of all meals, all refreshments, local spirits and wines (excluding premium brands), laundry service, twice-daily scheduled game activities, all park fees, and emergency medical evacuation insurance.
Day 5: Camp Okavango to Leroo La Tau
- Scheduled air transfer from Camp Moremi to Leroo La Tau
Days 5-7: Leroo La Tau
- Leroo La Tau offers 12 luxury thatch and glass suites with en-suite bathrooms, each one a raised wooden platform. The main lounge and dining area, with its inviting wooden and thatch finishes, offers guests the opportunity to sit back and relax at the bar while listening to the wide variety of night sounds so characteristic of the African bush.
- Alternatively you can lounge around the pool while appreciating the herds of zebra and wildebeest which are often seen around the lodge grounds and the waterhole.
- Leroo La Tau is not only about lion, zebra and wildebeest but also boasts Chobe bushbuck, leopard, cheetah, brown and spotted hyena, impala, kudu, jackal, porcupine, genet and caracal, to name but a few. In addition, there is also the possibility of seeing the rare white rhinoceros.
- Most unique however, are the crocodiles and an amazing pod of hippo which have survived in extremely adverse conditions for over 12 years. The hugely contrasting seasons and terrain make this area of the Makgadikgadi a unique haven for large herds and predators alike.
- The Makgadikgadi Pans National Park stretches away from the banks of the now dry Boteti River, through its interior of scrubland and grasslands, ending at the extraordinary salt pans in the east. The Makgadikgadi Pans are the remains of a great lake that once occupied a significant portion of Northern Botswana, covering approximately 60 000 square kilometers.
- Due to the absence of an outlet for the water, there was a considerable amount of salt residue left behind after dramatic climate change which caused the drying up of this once majestic lake. The result is salt deposits which are now a well known characteristic of this region. It is on the banks of the dry Boteti River bed that you will discover Leroo La Tau lodge.
- 2x nights Leroo La Tau - inclusive of all meals, all refreshments, local spirits and wines (excluding premium brands), laundry service, twice-daily scheduled game activities, all park fees, and emergency medical evacuation insurance.
Day 7: Desert, Delta & sunsets Safari Ends
- Scheduled air transfer from Leroo La Tau to Maun Airport for your outbound flight (flight under own arrangements).
- Rates from: US$ 3320.00
- Per person sharing
- Rates are in Rates are in US Dollars
- *Rates may vary according to season
- Flights (return);
- UK - BOTS; from £ 740
- USA - BOTS; from $ 1547
- EUR - BOTS; from € 908
- Subject to availability & T&C's
Desert, Delta & Sunsets Safari Includes
- - Accommodation, scheduled activities & laundry service
- - All meals, refreshments, local spirits & wines (excluding premium brands)
- - Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- - National park fees and all government levies & taxes
- - Scheduled charter flights From / To Maun Airport
- - Contribution to Botswana Rhino Relocation and Reintroduction Project
Desert, Delta & Sunsets Safari Excludes
- - Premium brand drinks
- - Gratuities & Porterage
- - Sightseeing and activities other than those specified
- - Visa Fees
- - Travel Insurance
- - Regional flights arriving and departing Maun